|Although the programs are individualized to each person, they all have one common thread - Periodization. All Strength Training
Programs are in 12-week scientifically proven time-frame blocks. It takes approximately 12-weeks of each subsequent weekly
training phase to reach your upper level training zone of Achieving Your Particular Fitness Goal! Periodization is a carefully planned,
scientific system of organization, which includes built-in volume and intensity changes over the course of a fitness program, for the
purpose of constantly stimulating progress. Without change in a program, the body adapts to the work load and reaches a plateau.
Likewise, change for the sake of change without sound physiological reasoning will undermine your progress. In order to make progress,
whether towards losing fat or building muscle, the body must be prepared for each new phase of the 12-week training program. After
assessing all of the necessary Health & Fitness information on you, Coach Bob sits down and designs a 12-week individualized program
(resistance training or sports-specific) specific to your Fitness Goals, Health History and your Lifestyle.
Please see below Your Individualized 12-wk. Periodized Program Progression Explanation for each weekly workout.
12-wk. Periodized Program Progression Explanation
- The emphasis of this week is to start developing a specific base of aerobic conditioning and muscular development. This is a
“medium” workout week that should not produce excessive soreness.
- The emphasis of this week is to actually create a training effect through a safe progressive overload in resistance training and
aerobic work. This is a “hard” workout week that will challenge you.
- The emphasis of this week is to continue the progress generated in the first two weeks. This “medium hard” workout week is
good preparation for the upcoming weeks.
- The emphasis of this week is to peak the workout intensity of the first month of training. This “very hard” workout week will start
the conversion phase from aerobic base conditioning and muscular development to anaerobic power and strength accumulation.
This week will push you to making your first major advancements towards your personal fitness goals.
- The emphasis of this week is to allow your body to actively rest from the first month of training. This “light” workout week is
extremely important, setting your body up to make great progress in the next month of training. Your trainer will also retest you
on this week to record your progress.
- The emphasis of this week is to prepare your body to move into an increased level of training. This “medium” workout week will be
a gradual increase in intensity from the lighter week 5 program.
- The emphasis of this week is to generate a training effect in your body. The high intensity aerobic work and anaerobic interval
training along with the strength training will be increased in duration and intensity. This week of “hard” workouts will push you to
the next level.
- The emphasis of this week is to continue your body’s adaptation process in the upper training zone. Concentrate on your goals as
you work through this “medium hard” week in preparation for the coming weeks.
- The emphasis of this week is to give your body a maximum challenge in the upper level training zone. This is a “very hard” week
that demands intensity in your training and dedication to your goals.
- The emphasis of this week is to allow your body to actively rest from the previous month of upper level training. This “light”
workout week is extremely important in setting up your body to make great progress in the coming weeks. Your trainer will also re-
test you to chart your progress.
- The emphasis of this week is to prepare your body to move into another increased level of training. This “medium hard” workout
week is challenging and will stimulate your body for an increased adaptation effect..
- The emphasis of this week is to give your body the ultimate test for your personal fitness goals. Do not try this “very hard”
workout week without having completed the previous 11 weeks of training.
Start Training With Coach Bob Today 2021!